Friday 24 October 2014

Everything ABC's Blog Hop - letter V

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we are featuring the letter V. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set, an embellishment or a style. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their V element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Catherine Nowak at Catscrapbooking  then you're on the right track!
__________________________________________________

I confess that the letter V is not an easy letter to use for inspiration. I came up with VINTAGE.
So I took this vintage clock stamp set available for purchase by hostesses, and used a VARIETY of brown tones to give a sepia feel - just like in old photos. I used colonial, cashmere, champagne and chocolate cardstocks. But then I added some gears and a face to the clock and made an easel card for something different.   
Masculine birthday card
Easel Card
And here is what the card looks like open
Easel card with CTMH Yuletide paper
Inside
To make the base
Colonial White: 10 1/2" x 4 1/4", score at 5 1/4" and at 7.7/8"
Yuletide patterned paper: 2 5/8" x 4 1/4"
Bronze shimmer tape: 4 1/4"
Cricut Artiste: Gears cut out of Cashmere
Sentiments stamped in chocolate

In fact I made a set of these cards as part of a swap with other local CTMH consultants.
Set of easel cards with clock and gears
Swap-ready

To make the front
Chocolate mat 5 1/4" x 4 1/4"
Colonial 5"x 4", embossed with quaterfoil folder
Cricut Artiste: Clock base, clock face, clock hands and gear
Stamp mustache and eyeglasses
Bronze shimmer trim at edge 5 1/4"

TIP
Swipe you ink pad across the embossing folder before running it through the machine for added dimension.
Use liquid glass in the spectacles, it will dry clear gloss - helps makes it look more realistic.

Side view - Easel card Yuletide Clock and Gears
Side view
Here is a side view to show you that I popped up the mustache after fussy cutting it out. I used the CTMH gold metallic marker to colour in one of the gears so it would look metallic.

TIP
Pop up the gears to give the card front something to rest on.

Thanks for visiting. I love getting your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment below before you move on in the hop!

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Lauren Moore of CTMH CraftingsIn case you get lost along the way, go to Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!



And don't forget
Friends don't let friends craft alone.
à bientôt,
Dominique

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love vintage as a V, I thought about that when pondering my V but not very into it, I love what you did though and the attention to the little details! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V is not an easy one. I call this vintage - with a twist... Glad you like the tips.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I would have used "Vintage" too! I love the colors you chose; great for a masculine card too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can never have too many masculine cards. thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love this, what a great vintage feel card and thanks for the liquid glass tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the tip. Liquid glass can do so much more than glue things together :-) thanks for your comment

      Delete
  4. Love that stamp set and adore your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks. That stamp set is so versatile.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful card! The vintage look is awesome with that clock and I love the gears.

    ReplyDelete