Thursday 14 August 2014

Cape Cod birthday card at my CTMH catalogue Open House

Coucou les amies,

First off I want to give a shout to everyone who braved the torrential rain last night to come to my Open House. Thank you so much !!
This was my official release of the new CTMH Annual Inspirations catalogue to my friends and clients. Of course members of my FREEBIE club came with their copy in hand all marked up - one of the perks of membership :-) 

First, the ladies walked around the kitchen to see all the patterned papers I had set up on display along the counters, before settling into the living room to flip through the catalogue. I heard a few "Ooh, that's nice".  While they did that, I passed around some of the neat new tools like the scalloped edge punch, and my favourite want, the washi tape holders - kuddos to the engineer who thought that one up! Then I passed around the Picture My Life cards, because the August promotion is all about PML. (buy a PML kit and get an extra 10 sheets of page protectors for only $3, your choice of style) Not just for scrapbooking, these make great mini albums or embellishments on traditional layouts or cards.

Then the group split into 2 tables to CREATE cards with new products from the Annual Inspirations catalogue. Everyone looked like they were having FUN.

The first card everyone made was a birthday card - Cape Cod style.  I chose this for 2 reasons, first, my house is a Cape Cod style - gabled roof with siding, painted inside with colours of the seaside, watery blues, sandy beige and sunny yellows.  Second, because there are only a couple of weeks left before school starts, I figured a summery card would be something my guests could use. What can I say - I am all about mixing PRACTICAL and FUN.
Cape Cod Birthday Card with CTMH Seaside paper
Seaside Capecod Birthday Card

Here's how we made it. Started with the CTMH card base in Colonial white (I know you can get the ones at Michael's 40% off, but I like the feel of the CTMH card better - channels my lust for Crane stationary)
We glued down two triangles cut out of both sides of the polka dotted Seaside paper with bonding glue stick. The joyful birthday sentiment was stamped in lagoon ink onto a piece of Colonial white cardstock that had been cut into a shape from the Artiste cricut cartridge. The edges were sponge daubered (is that even a verb?) with the mini chocolate distressing ink. Finished off the card by adding an aqua dot and some teal shimmer trim and voilà. Bonne Fête to some lucky guy!

Everything was precut ahead of time to make it quick and easy. Always unique, my friend Johanne used her personal flair and rearranged the pieces to came up with this pretty card. I love how versatile the products can be.

Cape Cod Birthday Card with CTMH Seaside paper


Everyone was so into the catalogue, we totally forgot about the cash 'n carry items available for sale. Oops - next time!


don't forget
Friends don't let friends craft alone.

à bientôt,
Dominique

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are very nice. I love the seaside paper so versatile.

    ReplyDelete