Saturday 28 February 2015

Everything ABC's Blog Hop - E


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we are featuring the letter "E".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set, an embellishment or a style. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their "E" element will be featured in their post.

If you came from the talented Lisa Plummer at Flaunt Your Creativity then you're on the right track!
___________________

For the letter "E", the word Elegant came to mind, as did Embossing. So I thought I would make a wedding card with both heat embossing as well as dry embossing using the folders.


white and gold wedding card by fun2cre8.blogspot.ca
Is this card White and Gold? or Black and Blue?

When the Internet broke last night because of that dress, I knew what colours to make this card !  Tell me below, which colours do you see ?? .

To make this card I ran Daisy white cardstock through the embossing folder with the little hearts and then ran the edges across clear Versamark ink, dusted some gold embossing powder and then took my heat gun to emboss the edges. I edged the car piece the same way, after having stamped in Versamark and heat embossed the image in black. I popped up both of these pieces and slid some gold shimmer trim under the car.

TIP: The gold shimmer trim was a bit too wide to fit between the raised hearts on my card front, so I placed the trim along my trimmer, using washi tape to secure it down, and sliced it lengthwise for it to be narrower...

Supplies
Card base: available in a value pack (X254)
Cardstock: Daisy white (1385)
Embossing Folder: hearts (Z3018)
Ink: Versamark (Z891)
Embossing powder: Gold (Z2066) and Black
Stamp: mini called Newlyweds (M1035)
Shimmer trim: Gold (Z1985)

___________________

Thank you so much for following along on our Blog Hop today! I hope you enjoyed all the lovely artwork…
I love getting your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment below before you move on in the hop!

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Shelly Nemitz. In case you get lost along the way, you can see the complete list of participants at Linda of Scrappy Therapy.  Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas! And please leave comments for the other bloggers as you hop through!

don't forget
Friends don't let friends craft alone.

à bientôt,
Dominique

11 comments:

  1. Lol white and gold! That dress has me so confused. Love the elegance of this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. I think of it as lighthearted wedding card.
      and I think that dress does change colour when you change the angle of the monitor/screen...

      Delete
  2. Love the tip to cut the shimmer trim gold tape! I wondered how to do that other than eyeballing it and free hand cutting it. By the way, love the joke regarding the white and gold color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - slicing the shimmer in trim in half means less waste this way.

      Couldn't help a bit of silliness regarding #thedress

      Delete
  3. What a great card! I guess I am a bit square as I didn't really understand the whole fascination of the debate of the gold/white and blue/black dress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine
      I don't think anyone got the dress debate - think it was a slow newsday. I mean it started with llamas on the loose!!

      Delete
  4. Love the card hate the dress! you card is fun and playful while being elegant too! Love that combo! the embossing on the edge is different and cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda.
      the card is for a friend who had a destination wedding and I couldn't go to it. This is the 2nd wedding for both of them and they are positively giddy about in love. I think this will suit them.

      Delete
  5. Love the card. Great tip for cutting the shimmer trim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can get a lot more mileage out of your roll of shimmer trim this way.

      Delete
  6. Very cute card! White and Gold are perfect colors for a wedding/anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete